Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Last night I had a great run. I am currently running 13 minutes at a 4.8 pace (treadmill), with a minute of rest and repeat. I am covering roughly 3 miles in 30 minutes. I have officially been bitten once again by the running bug! It's great!!! I actually want to run again tonight, but according to the training schedule I am supposed to just walk for 30 minutes tonight. I think I will be doing pilates instead, really work my core. I am down another pound and have lost 1/2 inch more off my waist. Feeling great in my skin and have tons of energy! The end is in sight. 3.5 weeks more and I will have reached my first goal of running for a solid 30 minutes and covering 2-3 miles in that time. At this point, I am already starting to think about my next training schedule. I want to focus on distance and speed increases. Want to push myself from running 3 miles in 30 minutes to running 5-6 in roughly an hour. I would like to increase my speed from 4.8 to 5.3 / 5.5 over 9 weeks. Still doing the reasearch on the best way to accomplish this for myself.

I also have started to reach out to local runners/running groups so that I can start taking my runs outside as much as possible after I complete my next 3.5 weeks at the gym on the treadmill. Fall is just such a beautiful time to run outside, and the more I run outside the better adapted I will be come race time in April.

Quote: "Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner."

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment