Friday, September 25, 2009

visual stimulation....

So, I decided to post some photos of the progress. I started this journey on August 26th, 2009. Roughly 3.5 weeks ago. I started at a weight of 163 lbs. A body fat % of 34%. I am not someone who is obsessed with what the scale says, so much as how I feel in my own skin and the size of my jeans. At the time that I started this journey I was comfortable in my size 10 jeans (well-worn), and now I am wearing a very comfortable size 8. The biggest accomplishment of the past 3.5 weeks has really been the body fat % lost. I have gone from 34% to 30% in 3.5 weeks! I think that is awesome! I am proud of myself, and completely motivated to keep working hard and stay focused on the ultimate goal of being in great enough shape to run that Marathon in about 7 months!!!

I thought it would be a good idea to post the photos not only for my own sense of accomplishment, but to serve as a reality check for anyone who wants to wake up tomorrow as the fittest version of themselves. It should be a gradual process, with small victories! That is how you know you are going through your own transformation in a healthy way, and with results that ultimately are long-term and lasting lifestyle change related. So, take stock in the small things, the numbers will change, however slowly it may feel. Know that these small accomplishments are what add up to the big goal!!! Be proud of what you can do, and never stop trying to do just that little bit more!

Recap of photos: I started the 1st photo at 160 lbs, and about 33% body fat. In the 2nd photo, I am 157 lbs, and 30% body fat. All in 3.5 weeks. Nothing Grande, by media standards, but an accomplishment none-the-less.

Good luck to you on your journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment