Wednesday, November 25, 2009

5K race on Thanksgiving day

I am so excited about running in my first race in preparation for the marathon in April 2010. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I am running the 5k (3.1 miles) for the Human Race campaign. My running partner (Sarai) and I will be hitting the pavement at 8 a.m. in Draper City, UT. Originally we were planning on running the 6k (3.75 miles) up City Creek Canyon; but we missed registration by one day! Ah well, live and learn. My hubby who is not really a morning person, will be coming along to support me, and see his wife in action. I am so happy that I have so much support as I pursue this goal. I am truly Thankful this Thanksgiving for so many amazing friends and family in my life. I am so aware that so many people do not have the ability to run at all, and I feel that I am given the gift of a fully functioning body and that it is not only my obligation but also my absolute joy to utilize what it is capable of doing!
I am so thankful for my health, and my awareness to be proactive with my body and my life. It has not always been the case, and perhaps because of poor discipline and bad choices that I have made in my life I am genuinely filled with such gratitude and a reverence for how amazing our bodies are at this point in time!

I hope everyone has a truly lovely Thanksgiving Day! And to all those who will be racing tomorrow, good luck and have fun!!

Quote's for the post: "I feel the greatest reward for doing is the opportunity to do more"
"It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top."

No comments:

Post a Comment